Disabilities in the Workplace: A Conversation about Issues and Best Practices
Join our experienced panel as they discuss the work experience of disabled workers and the best practices that businesses may consider within their own work environments. Please note that this seminar will have a very practical focus and will accordingly not deal in detail with disability law or the law of accommodation.
Topics will include:
- The challenges faced by the disabled employee in the workplace;
- Understanding episodic disabilities;
- A discussion of the National Standard - psychological health and safety in the workplace;
- The benefits of employing persons with disabilities;
- Resources - where can employers and employees go to be educated;
- The TD experience - best practices and successful approaches.
This seminar counts for 0.5 Professionalism Hours.
Lorna Cuthbert, Employment, Labour & Pension Group Chair, Stikeman Elliott LLP
Kim Bellissimo, Vice President Human Resources, Centre for Addiction & Mental Health
Amy Hanen, Assistant Vice President Diversity and Employee Experience Analytics, TD Bank Group
Brendon Pooran, Principal, PooranLaw Professional Corporation Mark Wafer, Franchise Owner, Tim Hortons
Original Program Date: May 27, 2013