Stikeman Elliott is an exceptionally friendly, informal and enjoyable place to work. We embrace diversity and a broad range of talents and backgrounds. While our work interests and engages us, our colleagues both challenge and support us. We work very well together and, away from the office, lawyers, students and staff enjoy frequent social and sporting events that are diverse and can be enjoyed by all.
Here are a few recent social highlights:
- Sports: Squash and ball hockey tournaments where students, associates and partners square off against each other; outings to a Toronto Raptors game; a co-ed softball team; a lunchtime pick-up hockey team; and student/mentor yoga classes, followed by Indian food dinners.
- Arts: Evenings at the theatre and at Jamaoke, a live band karaoke studio.
- Team Building: Outdoor activities at The Docks; a firm euchre and poker tournaments; cocktail hour at the end of the day every Friday for lawyers and students to mingle and unwind from the week; cooking class and dinner at Great Cooks on Eight; and firm retreat.
- Celebration Events: Welcome and farewell parties for our incoming summer and articling student groups; a welcome reception for new associates; a winter carnival for families; a summer social (dinner/dance) for lawyers and their partners; and a year-end dinner/dance for firm members.
- Charitable Events: Students and lawyers participate in a number of social events and activities to benefit various charities, including AidsBeat, the United Way, clothing and food drives, and sports tournaments.